How to Account for Sales on Behalf of Others

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:49:29 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm about to sell several items on eBay, for a friend. I'll be giving him
the proceeds, less ebay listing fees and shipping (and maybe a little for
myself).

I probably won't be doing this for too many other people, in the future.

My question: how should I record these transactions? Should I create an
income account specifically for 'ebay sales for others', and an expense for
the friend (I already have an income account for 'eBay Sales')? Should I
just ignore everything, except the amount I keep?

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r