Evaluating feature set against other accounting software

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 11 20:18:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

Quoting Y.Khusid at ieee.org:

[snip]
> With additional fee, upgraded/additional features are available   --- NO

This would depend -- you might be able to buy a developer to create
you something.

[snip]
> Support available       help manuals and online forums

Again, you might be able to pay someone for a support contract if
the money is right.

[snip]
> Supports multiple languages       --- NO

This is wrong.  GnuCash has translations for about 20 different
languages, although you can only use one at a time per running
instance.  It uses the current system locale to choose the display
language.

[snip]
> Support for multiple OUs          --- NO

You can have multiple data files...  But that would imply a separate
set of books.

[snip]
> Transactions audit report         --- NO

What exactly do you mean by a "Transactions audit report"?  We do
have a bunch of reports, including the Transaction Report which is
quite flexible.  What exactly are you looking for here?

Thanks!