Problem compiling 2.3.1 on Opensuse 11.1

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 12 17:00:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

Quoting Bernie Gardner <W1AZ at arrl.net>:

> 1.8.5-22.31 (I think the -22.31 is Suse's build number?)
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Bernie
>

> On Friday 12 June 2009, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> What version of guile 9and guile-devel) do you have installed?
>>
>> -derek
>>
>> Quoting Bernie Gardner <W1AZ at arrl.net>:
>> > I am trying to compile Gnucash 2.3.1 and have hit a problem I can't seem
>> > to solve (after fixing several dependency issues.)  Make seems to get
>> > through most of the process but ends during the final link with multiple
>> > messages like:
>> >
>> > gnucash-bin.o: In function `main':
>> > /home/bernie/data/downloads/gnucash/gnucash-2.3.1/src/bin/gnucash-bin.c:6
>> >19: undefined reference to `scm_boot_guile'
>> >
>> > The errors are all undefined references scm_***_***.

What do you get from:

find /usr/include/libguile* | xargs grep scm_boot_guile

I get:

/usr/include/libguile/init.h:SCM_API void scm_boot_guile (int argc,
char **argv,

>> > I think I have all the required libraries installed.  I would appreciate
>> > any suggestions.

It probably does, but I don't see why configure would work if this
isn't working..  Or how 2.3.1 is any different than 2.2.x in this
regard.