Is there a summary by month report?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 13 12:13:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

"Rich Stanton" <stantonrj at cf.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi, I'm moving to gnucash from ms money, one of the reports I liked in money
> but have not been able to generate yet in gnucash is a list of where money
> has gone, summaried by month.  I can do it for one month using the Cash Flow
> report, but to be really useful I'd like to compare expenses from multiple
> months (e.g. if total expenditure was more one month, what was different
> that month to previously?).  I found this series of posts:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-February/012778.html
> suggesting someone was doing it, but I can't find any functionality in the
> current version of GnuCash (2.2.9) to compare multiple months.

Unfortunately GnuCash does not have any text-based comparative reports.
We do have some graphical comparative reports, but none that are text only.
I think it would be awesome if we had some and I encourage you to
consider extending some of the existing reports and sending in the
patches that implement it!