Finance::Quote not working

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Mon Jun 15 16:25:33 EDT 2009

?

> What is the default option for that worked well in the past?

I think you are misunderstanding what gnc-fq-dump is for.
The command will not update your prices database.  It just tells you
that Finance::Quote is working properly, and that all the fields returned
for <stock> required by GnuCash are available and valid.

So if you want to test what is returned for your mutual fund, open the
price editor, note down its ticker and the selected source for price. Then,
from console, type:

/usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump -v <TheQuoteSource> <TheTicker>

and see the result.

>> John Wilson & Diane Martin wrote:
>>
>> > Is this line set-up properly: Usage: /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump <quote-source>
>> > [-v] <stock> [<stock> ...] ?
>>
>> If you use the "-v" (verbose) option, you need to place it just after
>> the command (before the <quote-source>).

AmigaPhil