jobs & billing

sfp sergioflorespereira at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:40:34 EDT 2009

Hi, I am a new user... have read through the tutorials (accounts receivable)
and searched for this feature, ("Total Value"); but have not found clear
information...

I have set up a job, which is a service that will be offered over a period
of time. Payment will be made at unspecified intervals as the job proceeds.
Normally a typical "construction" job duration is 1 to 2 years.

Can one give the job a "Total Value"?
When we bill for that job can the billed amount be subtracted from the
"Total Value" of the job, so that in the future I will know how much is
still left to be billed on that job? or how much is outstanding...?

Are there any tips that anyone can give me on how to monitor the costs of a
project vs the "Total Value", (pre-calculated)...of the project? Almost like
a budget I guess... although budgets sound too global.. (no?)

Really hope that I'm asking a question that has not been answered some where
else...javascript:Nabble.smiley('anim_confused.gif',':confused:')

Thank You!
sfp