Database and XML

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Jun 22 12:30:20 EDT 2009

I can see it being useful to have a database back end for gnucash.  I
can't see it affecting startup tims significantly.  Although gnucash
seems to spend a long time starting up, most of this seems to be it

What I'm wondering about in the database transition is:

Even if you back gnucash with a data base, will it still be possible to
get it export it in the present XML format?  A number of people use
the present XML file to produce custom reports.  Retaining and
maintaining the code that writes it is probably the easiest way to
accomodating those users.  Even if instead of calling it the database,
you call it "export to xml" or some such.

-- hendrik