Remove blank entry in a split transaction?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 00:26:14 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Michael Leone<turgon at mike-leone.com> wrote:
> I use v2.2.9 on Windows. I have a split transaction, that has 2 line
> entries that are blank. How can I get rid of them?
>
> (I had an entry with an amount, and decided to change the entry, to
> add this amount to another line in this split. This left me with the
> original line blank, and now a new line that says "Imbalance". There
> is no imbalance - all splits equate to the single entry. I just can't
> figure out how to delete just those 2 lines from the split. I don't
> want to delete the whole transaction, but I can't seem to figure out
> how to get rid of just these 2 lines).
>
> Clue, anyone?

When you are viewing the transaction in split view (shows all the
splits NOT collapsed under a --Split Transaction-- heading), click in
any of the lines you want to delete, and choose Delete* to delete just
the selected line. If you haven't disabled the confirmation dialog, it
will identify exactly which line you are deleting.

*You can delete by right-clicking and choosing Delete on the
contextual menu OR by clicking the Delete (Trash) icon on the toolbar
OR by choosing Delete Transaction from the Transaction menu.