Mailing List

matthew-gnucash at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-gnucash at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 20:39:57 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:01:08PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Steve Brenneis <stevebrenneis at yahoo.com>:
>
> > Just wondering, but is someone going to fix the mailing list so we
> > stop getting spammed with five to ten copies of each message?
>
> Is anyone NOT on yahoo getting multiple copies?    This is the second
> report but both reports have been from yahoo accounts.   Looking at
> the message headers it looks like there are multiple last-hop deliveries
> to multiple last-hop MTAs.   But looking at the logs on the server
> I only see a single outbound connection.
>
> I'm wondering if this is a problem internal to yahoo?

Yahoo had problems a week or so ago, temporarily deferring mail
for a lot of academic institutions and other businesses. At work
we had mail queues of several hundred messages waiting for three
or four days to be delivered. During this some other university
mail admins reported that Yahoo's internal delivery systems were
also having problems with multiple deliveries, so I would guess
that this is a Yahoo issue.

Cheers,

--
Matthew