Importing Journal Entries

Vaughn Grisham vaughngrisham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:32:08 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm hoping to move my company's accounting to gnuCash. We have a payroll
service from whom we are currently getting a comma delimited text file to
import our payroll liabilities and expenses into our accounts by way of
creating importing a journal entry.

Is there a way to import a journal entry from a text file?

We currently have to open our text file journal transaction in a spreadsheet
to verify that the debits and credits balance, so it would be easy for me to
save the file as another format (csv, txt, xls, etc) as needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you,
Vaughn Grisham