"Setup files corrupted"

Steve Juniper snijuniper at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 22:26:11 EST 2009

Continuing problems. After GC refused to load after my using it with no
problem for several years I followed the  one suggestion I got, removed
GC entirely and downloaded 2.2.8 Portable via GnuCash.org. Installing
also failed, giving msg: "Installer integrity check has failed...
Download or damaged media." Then downloaded 2.2.9. Attempting to install
it, after initial "Allow, I trust this program..." got msg: "The setup
files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." Thought
maybe download problem so downloaded again. Same error. Downloaded to
different computer. Same error. What can I do?

(Windows Vista on new HP desktop. XP on laptop. Somewhat slow connection
(8-15 KB/sec) here in a rather remote place in the Andes.)

Steve J