GNUCash Budget setup

Kage_ mprindle at pobox.com
Mon Mar 9 10:17:53 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm new to GNUCash and as such I'm working through all of the features and
how things get accomplished.  Most of my accounts are now setup and my
categories have been created.  I'm now looking at the budget setup, but so
far I haven't found a lot of info how to successfully setup a budget.

I've started a new budget from File -> New -> Budget.  I've entered some
numbers into categories, but I'm at a loss what to do from here.  I've
checked the help and Wiki, but haven't found much besides creating the
budget and entering numbers.

Also, is there a way to enter the budget numbers once and then copy them all
the way down the row?  It's a bit of a pain to copy and paste all the way
down.  Also, when I move the divider line for the budget window to the left
as soon as I enter a number it jumps back to the right.

Any assistance you can provide would be grateful.

Thanks,

Kage