gnucash2 on osx 10.5

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 10 12:23:25 EDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 2:07 AM, John Somoza wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been following the instructions in http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation#gnucash-2.2.x
>  to use fink to install gnucash 2.2.x.
> I haven't used fink for a while, so I could be making a mistake, but
> I can't find any evidence that "gnucash2" is available on fink
> (unstable branch).
> Can someone confirm that it is indeed available through fink as
> described on the wiki?
> Thanks,
> John

It is, but if your fink is old enough, you'll have to do 'fink
selfupdate' first. (Maybe even 'fink selfupdate-rsync' once instead).
And if you've upgraded your system from 10.4 to 10.5 since you've used
fink, there's a whole other list of things to do to get a working fink.

What do you get in response to 'fink --version | head -2' ?

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net