Decimal separator problem

jb jbbrel at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 11 17:17:42 EDT 2009

Thank you for your response Derek.

For the moment, i have found a workaround for my problem :
If i specify "export LANG=fr_FR" (before locale = C) into the console
before starting gnc, decimal separator became the comma by default
with mac os x.
All is thus uniform between all os.

But, according to me, in this case, the string should be converted
into locale settings when gnc displays it into scheduled transaction
and when the formula is treated by SX code.

Other question : what is the SX code ?

JB.

Le 11 mars 09 à 16:31, Derek Atkins a écrit :

> I think the answer is:  It's a known limitation with the SX code.
> The Credit and Debit formula are stored as strings and as a result
> depend upon remaining in the same locale for parsing.
>
> -derek
>
> jb <jbbrel at yahoo.fr> writes:
>
>> With the question that will be better :
>> That is a bug or there is a solution to this problem ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JB.
>>
>> Le 10 mars 09 à 00:20, jb a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use Gnucash with 3 different OS : mac os, linux and windows xp
>>>
>>> Under mac os x, the decimal separator is the dot. When i use the
>>> same
>>> gnucash file under linux or windows xp, it doesn't have problem with
>>> registers : the decimal separator became commas. But with scheduled
>>> transactions, that's not good, the separator isn't recognized like
>>> such and it's a dot.
>>>
>>> It's very annoying because if the scheduled transaction occurs
>>> during
>>> use of windows or linux, the scheduled transaction fails : the
>>> transaction appears to registers but without  amount.
>>>
>>> My configurations :
>>> with mac os x (leopard) : gnucash compiled thanks to fink version
>>> 0.28.6 , gnc version = 2.2.5
>>> with linux (ubuntu 8.10) : gnc version = 2.2.6
>>> with windows xp : gnc version = 2.2.8
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> JB.