Custom Reports

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 15 11:21:37 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:30:00AM +0000, Colin Scott wrote:

> Having finally worked out how to create custom reports, I find it a very
> useful facility.  However, unless I am missing something the facility has
> a few flaws:
>
> * it is apparently possible to create multiple custom reports with the
> same name

hmmm... I think you are right about this. certainly a bug.

> * there seems to be no facility for deleting a custom report

correct. though I'm hoping to change that next week (cross-fingers).

> * there seems to be no facility for making permanent changes to a custom
> report.

what do you mean here? You would like to make a change to the options
of a custom report and have it retain those changes for the next run?
In that case, no, you'd have to resave the report (with a different name).

> Is this me, or is the design a little lacking in this area?

definitely lacking. there are a number of problems: can't use a
just-saved custom report without restarting, can't delete, must "run"
a report before you can set its options, custom reports are attached
to gnucash as a whole instead of the individual files meaning the menu
is always polluted with a number of reports that may or may not apply
to the current report, etc etc etc.