Transaction Search

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Fri Mar 20 19:11:00 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if it's legitimate to use this forum as way of reporting
minor bugs, but I have a minor irritation to report for which the bug
reporting system seems a little OTT.

* When using the transaction search panel, there is a radio-button for
selecting New Search,  and a further set of greyed-out buttons to let you
refine an existing search.  The trouble is, as soon as you press the Find
button the search panel disappears, so you never get an opportunity to
refine a search.  This is in 2.2.9 - I'm sure it used to work properly in
2.2.8 ...

Whilst on the subject of transaction serach, it would be really nice to
be able to search, especially for text strings, without having to
individually specify each column  to look in.  I would therefore suggest
there should be an option to search "all text-based columns" (which
definition should in my view also include the "Number" column, which *can*
contain text) for a value.

Colin