Account Names

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Mon Mar 23 21:52:00 EDT 2009

> Which input do you sanitize?

Why, both, of course!  :-)

> Feel free to send in a patch that does a full recursive account name
> character check prior to allowing the user to change the directory
> separator...

I can see I'm going to find it difficult to avoid getting into the source
for much longer!  Trouble is, it's about 8 years since I gave up 'C'
programming (or any other programming, come to that).  However, if you
keep the accounts internally in a linked list/tree structure, or some
other sort of internal database I would have thought checking an entered
character against the accounts list (and rejecting it if found) wouldn't
be particularly difficult - and judging by the speed of Gnucash generally
I'd expect it to be pretty quick.  I'm not saying it would be elegant ...
:-)

Colin