Tax-related checkbox

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:54:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:10 AM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Don--
>
> I was referring to the report entitled Tax Schedule Report & TXF Export,
> listed as a top-level report on the Reports menu. I assume we're talking
> about the same report; it's the only one I see like it. I explained that the
> underlying problem I encountered was that the report returned NO account
> information at all unless I used the Edit->Tax Options window. I got an
> empty report, like:
>
> Taxable Income/Deductible Expenses
> Period from 2006-Jan-01 to 2006-Dec-31
> All amounts in USD unless otherwise noted
>

> Selected Report Options:
>     Subset of accounts
>     Do not suppress $0.00 valued Tax Codes
>     Display full account names
>     Display all Transfer To/From Accounts
>     Do not Print TXF export parameters
>     Display Action:Memo data
>     Display transactions for selected accounts
>     Include some transactions outside of selected dates
>     Shade alternate transactions
>     PriceDB lookups nearest to transaction date
>
> There was no indication of the accounts anywhere in the report. Exporting
> in TXF or HTML never played into this, since I didn't have anything to
> export in the first place.
>
> It is possible that this is only a problem with Alex's version of the
> report,

I certainly didn't experience that behavior with 2.2.7, which had the
Tax-related checkbox enabled. If I checked Tax-related in the
account-editing dialog, the account would appear on the Tax Report (in
black, so would not have been exported had I done a TXF export). I'm
suggesting that we go back to that, but retain the tooltip or some other way
of alerting people that if they want to set tax categories in order to use
TXF export, they need to go to Edit->Tax Options.

/Don