Drawings

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 26 19:34:52 EDT 2009

Hello folks

I run a small business and use GnuCash to do the sums.

What's the best way to account for 'Drawings', i.e. the money that I
take out of the business?

I've been using an account called Equity:Owner's Equity:Drawings, and
transferring money from my bank account and petty cash as required.
That's fine, but the amount in the Drawings account just keeps getting
bigger and makes the balance sheet meaningless.

I should probably close that account at the end of each year, but what
should I close it into?  I don't want previous years' drawings to show
up on this year's balance sheet or income statement.

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK