Understanding Gnucash for businesses

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:17:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Shahar Or <shahar at shahar-or.co.il> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> (I'm not subscribed)
>
> I didn't find any documentation on the area of costumers, suppliers,
> receits, jobs and so on. I don't understand it intuitively.
>
> Is there some non-official docs and some that I just haven't found?
>
> (I'm not subscribed)
>
> Many blessings.

Greetings --

You may want to look through the documentation links at
http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml and read any topic that mentions
"Business Features" or "Accounts Receivable" and "Accounts Payable."

For example, the Concepts Guide at http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/guide/
includes sections on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.

For another example, there is a link to a HowTo called "GnuCash for
Business Users" at
http://www.aerospacesoftware.com/GNU_Cash_for_Business_users_Howto_Guide.html
-- this guide was written for an earlier version AND it is fairly
terse, but you could probably get a good idea for what menus you are
looking for. Probably the best method would be to create a test file
and use the Howto to enter some made-up data to see how it works.

If you still don't find what you are looking for, you should feel free
to ask specific questions by posting to the list. (Not to me as I am
NOT an expert on the business features.)