Copy transactions to another GNUCash file

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:42:05 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Stephen Grant Brown
<s_g_brown at mcmedia.com.au> wrote:

> I can inport transactions in qif into a second gnucash file. How do I export
> them from the  first file?
>
> Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown

There are several ways listed in the FAQ http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ
see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_can_I_export_data

I have been working on this problem myself, and all of the procedures
have drawbacks. I hope someone who has a working process can post it
to the list.

For example when I copied the data from a report into a spreadsheet,
the spreadsheet to QIF macro couldn't deal with dollar signs and
commas. I fairly easily searched and replaced to get rid of them, but
then the QIF importer put the debits and credits opposite what I
wanted. SO, for that particular situation I finally decided it would
be easiest for me to type the data from scratch. Since I had it in a
nice report, it went fairly quickly.

For future situations I would eventually like to find a process that works!