Handling bond purchases and sales

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 1 10:16:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

"subscribe307 at verizon.net" <subscribe307 at verizon.net> writes:

> I am trying to schedule the sale and interest payments so that they
> don't show up in the chart of accounts Total(USD) like they would if
> they are post-dated in the register.  The automatic entry works fine
> for the interest payments but not the sale.  I am trying to make the
> Total(USD) be the current asset total since the total several years
> from now is not very useful.

As I said before, I don't think the SX system supports multi-currency
(or stock) transactions.

> My question on the symbol is what do I use for a quote source and then
> how do I determine their symbol?

I don't know..  What online service provides quotes for your stock/fund?
The symbol is whatever is the key into the quote service.  I can't tell
you what it is because I don't know what fund/stock it is.  So if you
wanted to look at the fund prices yourself online where would you go and
what would you type into the quote website?