Availability of Printable version of documentation

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed May 6 13:06:10 EDT 2009

At Wed, 06 May 2009 12:50:29 -0400 "H.S." <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
> > "H.S." <hs.samix at gmail.com> writes:
> >> How are the online help, concept guide and the gnucash help docs
> >> generated? Perhaps it won't be too much of a trouble to also make a
> >> latex file from them and convert that in to PDF.
> >
> > They are in docbook format.
>
> So I supposed dblatex or fop come to the rescue? See Section 30.3. here:
> http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/chunked/ar01s30.html
>
> Can the the docbook file of Gnucash Help be downloaded from, in case
> someone wants to run dblatex on it?

I would guess it is included in the source archive.

I think it is also possible to go directly from docbook to pdf, using
tools and scripts from docbook-utils and docbook-utils-pdf:

sauron.deepsoft.com% less -X `which docbook2pdf`
#! /bin/sh
jw -f docbook -b pdf "$@"
sauron.deepsoft.com% rpm -qf /usr/bin/jw `which docbook2pdf`
docbook-utils-0.6.14-4
docbook-utils-pdf-0.6.14-4

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933