New User Sign Up

Laura Lincoln cblist1 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:44:16 EDT 2009

I recently converted a client from QuickBooks to GnuCash when she purchased
a Dell laptop with Ubuntu installed.

There is no conversion method so I had to enter a large journal entry with
the ending Trial balance from 12/31/08 adjusted for any outstanding checks
and invoices. I then entered the outstanding entries and arrived back to the
Trial balance I started with.

You do lose your details of the QuickBooks file if you don't have access to
that file any longer but unless you want to reenter the detail into GnuCash
you don't have many options.

Check the board's archives for the past couple of weeks. I seem to recall
this discussion and the other option is to export the transactions to excel
and use a third party tool to create IIF files from that output. The IIF
file is then imported into GnuCash.