Entering Preexisting Shares

--- --- colonelpenguin at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 14:19:29 EDT 2009

I have a question concerning the entering of pre-existing shares covered in 8.5.1 of the documentation.  Since stocks are very liquid I think it makes sense to have have the current stock value reflect on ones total and current equity.  Instead of specifying the purchase price under equity... I would like to show the current worth.  My investment value currently updates whenever I get quotes in the price editor, but the equity column remains unchanged.  Am I thinking about this wrong... or is this a limitation of GNUCash?

Thanks.