Grand Total and Report Scroll bar missing

subscribe307 at verizon.net subscribe307 at verizon.net
Sat May 9 10:11:45 EDT 2009

The Grand Total on the account menu is now missing when it used to be
there.  It is set to show Grand Total in the Preferences.  What have I
done wrong?
Also when I generate a report the horizontal scroll bar is either
missing or doesn't go far enough to see the right hand column.  This is
also a new problem that just started.  I tried rebooting but that didn't
help.
I am new to GnuCash and with all the options I must have set something
wrong but I can't find it.  I am using version 2.2.9.  Any suggestions?
Mike