Best way to handle checks issued but never cashed?

Marc Evans marc at osmium.mv.net
Mon May 11 07:18:21 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have been using gnucash for several years. During that time I have
issued several (about 8) checks that the people to which they were
issued have never cashed them. These are usually more than 2 years old,
and hence I do not expect that they ever will be cashed. They are small,
adding up to maybe $200 in total. The question therefore is, what is the
best way to handle these in gnucash? For example, should I create a
special account and transfer them to this special account?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

- Marc