Quickbooks to GnuCash conversion

Thomas Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Mon May 11 13:00:41 EDT 2009

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply and distinction between lists and transactions.  I will have to follow your idea of isolating the transactions via a custom transaction report and export that to excel to see what I have to deal with.

I did use calc2qif to see how that worked and it does.  My effort at the moment is to get a handle on the number and style of IIF records and now of the kinds of transactions I have in my data files.  Since I don't use all the features of QB (at least I think I don't), then whatever I end up with will have to be enhanced to cover all the record types, transactions, etc that QB uses and that I don't know about.

I appreciate your offer of help and am glad to accept.  So I will contact you off line about the details of the project.

Tom