Best way to handle checks issued but never cashed?

Norman Yeh normyeh at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:01:23 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Your answer of adding a column is very interesting. Pls allow me to jump in and ask a few questions.

I am running GnuCash 2.2.9 under Windows XP with SP3. In you answers, pls bless me with details as I am NO accountant, and NO programmer.

1. how do I add a column in a stock account or, for that matter, any account?

2. how do I make Perl aware of what value to put in a new column in a stock account?

3. do I need to update Perl that came with GC 2.2.9 and, if yes, how?

4. how do I update GC, Perl or OFX as I see NO "check for updates" under any of the menu items?

Thank you!

Norman