Reconcile does not work for me

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon May 11 20:37:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Ken Heard wrote:
> So, it appears that the only way I can "finish" the reconciliation is by
> checking *all* the entries in the reconcile window as appearing both in
> my ledger and on the bank statements.  If so, the purpose of a
> reconciliation statement as a record of what has not cleared both is
> obviated.
>
> Finally, I found no option which permits saving "a part finished
> reconciliation", a contradiction of terms.
>
> Ken Heard, Toronto, Canada

If the difference isn't zero, you can't say that the reconciliation is
complete. Agreed.
The option for saving a part-finished reconcile (because you have to search
out to find where the error is, and this might take some time of sifting
paperwork etc) is called "Postpone".
It's on the menu.

--
BOFH excuse #351:

PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)