Entering historical data

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 14 09:48:29 EDT 2009

Note that you'll need to re-reconcile and make sure your ending
balance is still correct.  Keep in mind that reconciliation is
always from the beginning of time, so if you already reconciled
your 2009 transactions then when you enter for 2008 you'll
wind up destroying the reconciliation balance (because you need to
change the opening balance).  But when you re-reconcile you'll
need to use the last balance but include all the newly-entered
transactions.

-derek