Is there a way to run gnucash --add-price-quotes in the windows scheduler while I have gnucash running?

Chris Lim clim_79 at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 18:50:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am running gnucash 2.2.9 on a Windows XP machine.  I can retrieve online quotes from the GUI, and have set up a scheduled task on my machine to automatically download stock prices in the evenings (using the --add-price-quotes command), but I noticed that everytime this task attempts to run while I have the gnucash program open, I get a fatal error from the scheduled task, and a LCK file gets stuck in my gnucash user folder I have to manually delete.  Sometimes I leave the application open on my machine all day, which is what leads to the issue.

That being said, is there any way to be able to run the scheduled task while I have gnucash open?  Or do I always have to make sure that I am not running gnucash when the scheduled task runs?

Thanks

Chris