GnuCash: transaction dates on import

PaulDavidSumner paul_david.sumner at tesco.net
Sun May 24 12:02:31 EDT 2009

When importing an .ofx into GnuCash (2.2.8 Portable), the dates shown for the
transactions are 1 day earlier than shown when the same .ofx is imported
into Microsoft Money. My concern with this is that the Microsoft Money dates
match those shown in HSBC Internet Banking, i.e. if one of the 3 tools is
'wrong' it would appear to be GnuCash.

Does this sound like any known issue?

(The reason for the use of Microsoft Money is I am temporarily using the 2
tools in parallel until I am more competent with GnuCash. I previously
attempted to switch to GnuCash in a big bang and made a mess of it, so want
to ensure I do not do the same again until I am fully ready to switch off
using Microsoft Money).