Changing to new financial year

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun May 24 16:07:44 EDT 2009

Ian Pilcher wrote:

>Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
>

>>I haven't yet tried out "close the books" so don't know how /if it
>>records the activity of formal book closing.
>>

>It simply creates a couple of transactions which clear all of your
>income and expense accounts to the chosen equity account.

Yes, but what DATE does it assign to those transactions?

As indicated, I do this without the aid of the "close the books
function", know how to specify those transactions myself. But whatever
date is used for those transactions has to be kept outside of the reports.

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.