Custom Reports and Backup

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Wed May 27 15:27:00 EDT 2009

> and there doesn't seem to be any choice in the matter. I suspect

Indeed, you confirm what I thought, thanks.

> this may be because Gnucash needs to find the definitions at
> startup, perhaps before it has even looked for the data files.

Good point, and one I admit I hadn't thought of.  I have to say that this
sounds like a bit of an oversight on somebody's part, because as I've
pointed out it is highly likely that anyone running multiple sets of
books will require specific reports for each set of books.

> Yes it is possible to store the data file there, but (a) to do so

I've no intention of doing anything so silly!  :-)

Colin