Question about GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 28 13:10:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

These are user questions and therefore should be asked on the
gnucash-user mailing list.  I've forwarded this thread there
and replied should stay on that list.  You will need to subscribe
there before you reply if you want your messages to post quickly.

Vincent Maestro <office at vincentmaestro.com> writes:

> We are using GnuCash 2.2.8 for accounting system in our office. There
> are something we want to ask you to make our job easier.
>
>   1. How to change the data currency from USD to IDR (Indonesian
>   Rupiah)?

GnuCash defaults to using your system's locale currency setting.
So if your system is in the Indonesian locale it should default to
using the IDR.

Changing existing data is hard.  There is no mechanism for changing
it en-masse.

While it's not supported by us, you COULD use a tool like 'sed'
to convert all instances of ">USD<" to ">IDR<", assuming you have
no USD at all...  But you're better off (if you're just starting out)
making sure that you set your locale properly and then rebuild your
accounts.

>   2. It always takes quite pieces of paper if I want to print my
>      reports. I want to make it more efficient by shrink the font size
>      or setting up the print page. How can I do that?

Unfortunately no, there isn't a good way to control that from within
GnuCash.  Your best option is to export the report to an HTML file, load
it into firefox, and then print it from there.