Large window size. Upgrade issue?

query.20.kumarnospam at spamgourmet.net query.20.kumarnospam at spamgourmet.net
Sat May 30 13:12:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

First of all thanks for this awesome software. I've been a happy user for
the last 4 odd years. (It infact was one of the strong reasons
for me to choose Linux as my OS. Right then GNUcash was not there for
windows).

Off late I upgraded from FC6 to Ubuntu 9.04. To continue tracking my
accounts, I copied over my account file from the
old FC6 installation and the opened it in GnuCash 2.2.6. Unfortuantely
GnuCash seems to be choosing a very large
window size that horizontally exceeds and goes over my screen width. The
accounts page, I've only chosen
two coloumns for display: Account name, Type. But after this there is a
large coloumn with no name.

I've tried minimizing, maximizing, open, close et all and none of that did
work. I've been searching archieves of this list,
and I found one close match:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-May/029949.html

The screen shot files there is exactly what I'm facing too. Just that I
wasn't dealing quicken. I'm dealing
here with a file that was created by an earlier version of GNUCash itself
(the one that shipped with Fedora Core 6).
Just as mentioned in that thread, when I create a new file et all, things
are fine. Its only with this file.
(I tried saving this file and the reopening it as well, but that didn't
improve things in anyway).

Would be great if someone could help me out with this. All of my financial
transaction are piling up without being entered!
(Pl note: the fonts are normal size as in ubuntu. i.e., 9. The display is
large enough, with resolution 1440x900.)

Regards,
Kumar.