Text Input Problem

Luís Miranda luis.miranda at fastmail.fm
Sun May 31 18:33:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to a Quartz version of GnuCash 2.2.9 by
following the instructions at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail
  (I removed all installed ports and re-installed GnuCash as per the
instructions). I was previously using the X11 version 2.2.8 with no
problems, but now I'm experiencing the following behaviour: when I
type text into the register the text is not shown as I type, but only
when I press "Tab" to go to the next column.

Strangely, I've noticed that that this doesn't happen when the volume
where my accounts are stored is not mounted before I launch GnuCash.
In that case, GnuCash complains that it can't find the files at
startup, but if I mount the volume and open the accounts the text
input behaviour does not occur.

Does anyone have a clue what may be causing this?

Many thanks
Luis