GC 2.3.7 in Karmic Kubuntu

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 01:18:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au>wrote:

> I am downloading karmic, but for me, it is a second OS that
> I rarely use.   There is no link from Ubuntu's home page to their
> Debian-style
> packages list to check versions, and their search facility doesn't find it.

The place to find the package versions in Ubuntu repositories is:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/

For example, search for GnuCash on that page and you can see that the
Universe repository for Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 contains  is GnuCash
2.2.9-0ubuntu4 (which is the GnuCash 2.2.9 release with patches for Debian /
Ubuntu).

The equivalent search page for Debian packages:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages