Input Methods

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Sun Nov 1 17:54:07 EST 2009

On 01 November 2009 at 7:21, Colin Scott said:

> In the "Edit Account" panel, right-click on several of fields brings up a
> menu that includes the options "Input Methods" and "Insert Unicod Control
> Character", each of which summons its own somewhat inscrutable dropdown
> list.  What do these do, and why are they apparently only relevant when
> editing an account, and not when editing, say, a transaction?

It would appear that these are active when you are in a free-text field.
When editing a transaction, there are other right-click options that
replace what seems to be the default for free-text fields.

I don't know what you mean by "inscrutable". The options look pretty self-
evident to me (though I can't explain the somewhat eclectic selection of
IMEs). If you don't want to use an IME, don't select one. If you don't
want to insert RLEs or ZWNJs, don't.