"Unable to save to database" and repeated scheduled transactions

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:56:25 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I believe I have been bitten by this bug, fixed in version 2.3.6

Fix bug 593865 - Unable to save to database error when scheduling
transactions Allow scheduled transaction to have NULL start date. Will
require db to be deleted and recreated.

Now I am at version 2.3.7, and every time I start GnuCash it displays the
"Unable to save to database" error and creates the same scheduled
transactions, so that I have duplicates. Can someone tell me how to recreate
my database (actually a local file), so I can recover from this error?

Thanks in advance,

Fred