Changing menu language on Mac

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Thu Nov 12 15:25:07 EST 2009

I've seen a number of questions about changing the menu language, and seen that I must alter the LANG and LANGUAGE settings.  However, none of the people asking this question seem to have a Mac.  I'm running OSX Snow Leopard and am still somewhat unfamiliar with the Macintosh.

The version for the Mac seems a bit buggy, and I'm wondering if I'd be better off creating a virtual machine in VirtualBox and running GC under Ubuntu.  That's the environment I'm familiar with.

TIA

James