Backing up Gnucash accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Nov 16 18:43:41 EST 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009 23:28:22 BPG wrote:
> What I really mean is how do I backup gnucash so I can move my account data
> files over to another computer and work on everything there?

Just copy your data file from wherever you have saved it to the second
computer and then File -> Open from within GC.

It is probably a good idea to have the same version of GC on both computers,
preferably 2.2.9, unless you need to be on the bleeding edge of the testing,
unstable 2.3.x series....

If it helps you to conceptualise this process, how would you move a word
processor document to the new PC?  Use the same process for GC, as the
accounts data is a single file.

HTH,
Maf.