Income/Expense Report

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Nov 18 05:29:46 EST 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> PS -- Yes I understand, many of you are "home users" not involved with
> formal reports. But you need to understand why the "pros" like myself
> who might have the expertise to write such reports or organizations
> willing to fund a project to do the work aren't stepping forward. Normal
> that the accounting software just produces "raw" reports and then the
> accountant uses that data to prepare the finished report.
As someone who is on such Boards, we get reports which are in spreadsheet
form. I open them in Open Office, but I think some persons use other software.
Each month the report gets wider by one more column until the twelfth month of
the financial year when we usually have EIGHTEEN columns
and that is without any notes as mentioned by Mike.
The spreadsheet is the best form of presentation of the data in the report.

--
BOFH excuse #106:

The electrician didn't know what the yellow cable was so he yanked the
ethernet out.