Windows and Ubuntu on same system- Ubuntu runs GnuCash?

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Fri Nov 20 11:58:44 EST 2009

There are a couple of ways you could do this:

1) dual boot
2) run ubuntu under vmware.  If you download the freeware vmplayer for windows (www.vmware.com), you will be able to find vmx files which run under it.  Essentially, you will be running ubuntu as a guest OS, then running gnucash on ubuntu.  Vmware allows the guest OS to access the mouse, dvd player, network, ...   You should be able to run a pretty stripped-down ubuntu system.

Phil