Please Help!!!! Cannot open my gnucash file!

JP Briggs jp.briggs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:37:09 EST 2009

Well I'm back up and running. My thoughts are that the upgraded version
somehow overwrote my data file with this gconf referencing file when I tried
to load the data file in Gnucash. This was a repeatable problem, since I'm
running on a virtual machine, I could roll back to my previous Ubuntu
version. Once rolled back, if I tried to open the data file (shared folder
on my host machine, so it wasn't rolled back) I would get the same Unable to
parse XML file. So it appears that the upgraded version was overwriting my
data file.

What I've done to finally fix it, is to install a fresh copy of Ubuntu 9.10
on a new guest VBox machine, install Gnucash, and then open the data file
from the shared folder. Now it opens just fine. Seems like it was some kind
of bug in the upgrade process.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else experienced problems with
upgrading.

Thanks,

JP