Installing Finance::Quote

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Nov 25 10:14:14 EST 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 14:42:21 John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2009, at 12:45 AM, Don Clarke wrote:
> > Hi John
> >
> > Operating systems is Windows Vista.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Don

> >> What operating system? (Each one has different instructions.)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> John Ralls
>
> Please remember to CC the list when you reply.
>
> There's supposed to be a program that you can run in Start>All
> Programs>Gnucash which installs Finance:Quote. I don't know if you need to
> have already installed perl.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi,

I believe that you will need to install ActivePERL, if you haven't already
before the F:Q installer.  I found this link in the list archives:
http://www.activestate.com/store/activeperl

I also have a feeling that you need to use version 5.8, not 5.10, but that may
no longer be the case.

That is where my help will have to end, though.  Windows isn't my thing!

Maf.