Importing from Homebank?

Guido Milanese guidofabrizio.milanese at fastwebnet.it
Fri Nov 27 15:48:41 EST 2009

<guidofabrizio.milanese at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> > Would it be possible to import from CSV, the
> > other format Homebank can export to?
>
> CSV is not a clearly defined format.
> If you provide more information about the columns
> and values your program puts into the CSV your
> question may get answered.

Yes, sure. I should have described the structure of the CSV file.
There are 7 fields:
1.	Date
2.	Payment system (credit card, bank transfer...) as a number, e.g.
	number 4 is used for credit card.
3.	Description
4.	Recipient
5.	Another description field.
6.	Amount
7.	Category

Homebank does not use accounts the same way as Gnucash: accounts are
only used for bank accounts, all the rest is 'category'.
Incidentally, the default CSV separator is ';'.

Thanks for your your attention!
guido, italy

--
Guido Milanese - Professor of Latin
The Catholic University, Milan and Brescia, Italy