Unbalanced balance sheet, "Trading Gains", #537476

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Mon Nov 30 15:25:06 EST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 01:13:14PM -0500, Forest Bond wrote:
> > It should  be impossible to get a "Trading Gains" or "Trading Losses" line in
> > the  balance sheet report unless you have at least one trading account.

I snooped around a little in balance_sheet.scm.  Here's what I know:

* trading-accounts is an empty list.
* neg-trading-balance is non-zero.

That means that this expression:

(gnc:accountlist-get-comm-balance-at-date trading-accounts date-tp)

Is returning a non-zero commodity collector.  Is it possible that
gnc:accountlist-get-comm-balance-at-date incorrectly handles an empty account
list?  That's what it looks like to me, but it seems like that would break a lot
of reports, right?

I don't know the code well enough to see what could cause that problem.

FWIW, "Trading Losses" == "Unrealized Losses".

-Forest
--
Forest Bond
http://www.alittletooquiet.net