Price Quotes for currecy not working

Matthew Rex mrex at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 1 05:39:18 EDT 2009

Matthew Rex wrote:

(Sorry, used a HTML mail client previously.)

I have gnucash 2.2.9 on Fedora 10 downloading stock quotes OK using Get
Quotes in the price tool.

It gives the error dialogue as follows:

------------
Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
  CURRENCY:EUR
  CURRENCY:USD
Continue using only the good quotes?
------------

However gnc-fq-dump works:

$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo AUDUSD=X
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: AUDUSD=X             <=== required
      date: 10/01/2009           <=== required
  currency: AUD                  <=== required
      last: 0.8811               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 0.8811               <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

This seems to be a fairly common problem, and I've attempted some of the
suggested fixes, but nothing seems to work. I can't edit the currency
quote source to try another source - I'm not sure if it uses Yahoo or not?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt.